I am a life-long resident and champion for Charlottetown.
I was born and raised in downtown Charlottetown. I live with my wife Lori and our children Emma Louise and Alec in the Spring Park area. As an educator, businessman, and former city councillor, I have shown my dedication to Charlottetown in every facet of my life. I will continue to do to so. My goal is to make Charlottetown the best it can be for everyone now, and for future generations.
As your Mayor, I will work tirelessly to address your concerns with creative and fiscally responsible solutions. In particular, I will place emphasis on the following:
First Year in Office
1.ACTION ON AFFORDABLE HOUSING
• Develop municipal policies and incentives like inclusive zoning and Airbnb regulations to promote the development of social and affordable housing. • Strike a community-based advisory committee on housing and poverty.
2. INVESTING IN OUR CITY’S FUTURE
• Address our city’s infrastructure needs, especially when it comes to recreation facilities, fire services, transit, and public works projects. • Bring new high paying jobs to the city by promoting Charlottetown’s business potential through a new municipal economic action plan and development entity. • Implement incentives and programs for small/medium businesses aimed to hire and empower Charlottetown’s youth.
3. BUILDING A BETTER CHARLOTTETOWN
• Work with Stratford and Cornwall on a fully integrated, sustainable, wastewater treatment system to ensure clean water for future generations. • Collaborate with Charlottetown's arts community to enhance public art installations. • Ensure an effective and efficient City Hall through a reduction in municipal red tape and an increase in the number of public consultations and town hall meetings.
Philip Brown Mayor of Charlottetown
Please contact me with any questions or concerns. I can be reached at email@example.com. I look forward to hearing from you!